Sunday, August 18, 2013

Just After 3:15

Musta been about 11 o'clock with a
little yellah moon lightin up the block
that I asked that girl up for a beer or three.

Next thing you know it's a quarter of one and we're
in the back yard shootin' some guns and she says
"hey cowboy, roll one of your smokes for me."

Suddenly it's a quarter of two and we
finished off the last of the brew and junebugs
stared at the porch light on the screen.

I could say I got lost in her eyes
my mind was found near her waist and thighs
that was...just after 3:15.

Round about quarter of five when the
sun just started splittin' the sky, she said
"I think I just stayed the night."

We can continue this grand little opry, I said
"Let me just get started on the coffee. The bacon.
Home fries. Eggs over-easy alright?"

*Music to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment